Wednesday, March 5, 2014

My name is Katelyn McCaughey, but I go by Kate and in a few weeks, I will no longer be a teenager, which is both exciting and and horrifying at the same time. Over the summer, I played my last year on my competitive travel softball team. It was a bittersweet ending. I am taking this class because I am a Youth Development major. I am a student-athlete, so when I am not in class, I am usually at the gym or at practice. I live on campus because that makes being available for practices and games much easier, though it is hard for me to be away from my family, especially my favorite little nephew who lives at my house (those who say that you cannot have a favorite family member are lying). With a full year now under my belt, I am excited to see how I will grow, not only as a student but as a person and member of society, and I am excited to see how this class affects that growth. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment